A big thanks to all our fundraisers
The Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation is a legal form unique to Scottish charities
Bethesda Nursing Home & Hospice is a non-profit making Christian Charity registered with HMRC as No SC015783
The Home is registered with the Care Inspectorate and is inspected by them on a regular basis. A copy of our most recent (or previous) Inspection Report is available below in the Documents Section.
The Hospice is also inspected regularly by Healthcare Improvement Scotland (HIS) and the most recent report is available in the Documents section below.
As you will know Care Homes are in the High Risk category from Coronavirus (COVID-19) because of residents ages and/or other medical conditions.
Bethesda regularly review guidance coming from the Scottish Government and Public Health Scotland regarding visiting in our Hospice/Care Home. Bethesda follow these guidelines where possible to ensure the safety of our patients/residents and their relatives/friends, our staff and volunteers
We have co-ordinated a phased approach to re-introducing visitors to our Care Home, Hospice and Respite Unit. This approach will have Bethesda supporting residents to see their families/friends with indoor visiting and outdoor visiting.
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) HOSPICE VISITING GUIDANCE
During the Corona virus pandemic, we regret to have to restrict visiting to keep everyone as safe as possible.
To protect the patients in the Hospice and the residents in the Home as well as all the staff who care for them we have had to put the following restrictions in place.
· One named visitor, per resident inside the building with full PPE and social distance of at least 1 metre, for the duration of the pandemic. This will be between 2pm and 5pm up to 1 hour per week.
· Two named visitors, per resident, will take place in our garden/outdoor area and be socially distance of at least 1 metre for the duration of the pandemic. This will be between 2pm and 4pm up to 30 minutes per week, weather dependant.
· All visits must be booked in advance.
· If the named visitor has a cough or fever, PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE BUILDING.
· Visitors to the Hospice must enter the room from the balcony door – after telephoning Bethesda on 01851 706222, so that staff can unlock the external door.
· In the case of end of life stage we will endeavour to allow or expand visiting. This will be considered as and when it occurs by management and senior clinical staff.
UPDATED 13th July 2020
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) CARE HOME VISITING GUIDANCE
Three designated visitors, per resident inside the building complying with Infection Control Measures such as face masks and physical distancing of at least 2 metres. This will be either three visits from one designated person, or up to three seperate designated visitors. These visits must be pre-arranged with the Administration Staff.
Lateral Flow Device testing of all visitiors will be required on each visit on arrival at the Care Home or Hospice.
The visits will be allocated between 1pm and 4.30pm Monday to Friday (weekend visits only can be arranged if essential and prior agreement with management).
This is to enable Bethesda to monitor the visits safely to reduce the risks associated with COVID-19 and to collect Track and Trace information.
If you think you are eligible to visit please call our reception on 01851 706222 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
Reviewed 26 April 2021
Please Note: Visiting can only take place if the Hospice/Home meet the criteria detailed by Public Health Scotland of being COVID free throughout the pandemic or if all affected residents have fully recovered and no residents have had symptoms for 28 days.